It’s summer of 2023, and you’re sitting on a comfortable couch in a lovely villa with a view on lake Como in a “feeling-fine-drinking-wine” mood. Nothing really bothers you at the moment. Because you did the right thing for your business: you’ve integrated a crypto payment system to boost your revenue.
In fact, your decision wasn’t a surprising move. The demand for crypto payments amongst businesses has grown by 40% since 2021, so you’ve made the right move and started looking for a crypto payment gateway to connect to your business.
And you found one. Thanks to the JatApp team, who prepared a list of the best cryptocurrency payment gateways, you got to know how to integrate crypto payments in your company’s core products and services. But how did it happen? Let’s read your story to find out.
How it all started
You saw that more and more companies started accepting Bitcoin payments and other cryptocurrency. Big players going crypto was the last factor that made you think about connecting your own company to blockchain-enabled payment systems: Twitch, Etsy, Amazon, and, come on, KFC were in the list.
Why did this happen? Companies simply noticed that people got a new kind of money, which is digital currency. If people have money, they’re going to spend them, which means businesses are happy to offer such an opportunity for cryptocurrency holders. You couldn’t argue that any money doesn’t make sense, if you can’t buy anything with them.
But your journey to crypto payments-enabled business wasn’t that plain. You managed to learn several important things on your way.
First of all, you created a digital wallet that accepts cryptocurrency of your choice. You even made sure that the chosen cryptocurrency is legal in your country and you could use it. Your wallet is well-protected, but you decided to create a “hardware copy” that stores the wallet’s credentials and isn’t connected to the Internet.
Then, you launched a short but powerful advertising campaign to inform your target audience that you were accepting payments with cryptocurrency. You designed a clear and simple return/refund policy because blockchain transactions are irreversible, but you were wise enough to assume that some of your customers still might ask to have their money back.
On top of that, you decided to play clean with cryptocurrency, so all your crypto transactions are always recorded in your tax filings and financial statements despite the cryptocurrency’s decentralized and anonymous nature.
Everything was in its right place, except for the payment gateway that was expected to make crypto payments work with your business. You had a variety of options to handpick…
Best crypto payment gateways to choose from
You had to choose one of these payment gateways to power your business with cryptocurrency transactions:
- Coinbase. Perhaps, the most popular cryptocurrency payments platform that uses Bitcoin. Together with the payment processor, the platform offers access to exchange, merchant tools, and many other features that are helpful to anyone who runs their online business. The platform focuses on markets in Italy, Netherlands, Spain, and other European countries. Coinbase charges 0.05% per transaction plus flat fee.
- NOWPayments. This payment gateway is one of the most user-friendly solutions. The company offers cryptocurrency payments APIs that work with more than 100 cryptocurrencies, while the implementation process is fast and simple. Additionally, the platform is compatible with WooCommerce and OpenCart content management systems (CMS) for online shops. NOWPayments charge 0.5% per transaction, and 0.5% for exchange when necessary.
- Blockonomics. Unlike NOWPayments, Blockonomics is a sophisticated yet the most secure payment gateway. At the same time, the front end of the gateway is extremely convenient as users just need to scan a quick response (QR) code to make a payment. The platform is popular in the United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, and the United States. A transaction fee is 1%.
- Coingate. It is just another big crypto payments player that offers payments in Bitcoin and altcoin. The platform provides convenient plugins for e-commerce businesses and charges a fee of 1% per transaction. Coingate targets the markets of Brazil, Belgium, and Japan.
- Spectrocoin. That’s a free payment gateway, they charge only 1% from every transaction made. Spectrocoin gains a foothold with such countries as Italy, France, and Australia.
- CoinPayments. There is nothing special about this payment gateway, but it offers APIs that can work with over 1200 cryptocurrencies. CoinPayments also includes a range of tools for working with Shopify, Magento, and WooCommerce, while a transaction fee is just 0.5%.
- BitPay. This highly interactive crypto payment gateway charges 1% of fees per transaction and offers an exchange with fiat money withdrawal to various payment systems including Visa, Mastercard, Delta, and so on. A good choice for entrepreneurs who aim at the United States, German, United Kingdom, and Canadian markets.
- Plisio. With this payment gateway, even a novice entrepreneur can master crypto payments in no time. As the icing on the cake, various tools for working with Shopify, WooCommerce, OpenCard, and Magento are available. The gateway charges a fee of 0.5% per transaction.
- payWALA. The most attractive feature of this payment gateway is a possibility to receive payments from fiat money accounts without charging an exchange fee. The platform is popular in 26 countries, including Belgium, Austria, Germany, France, and Switzerland.
- OpenNode. Perhaps, the most efficient payment gateway solution that works as plug-and-play: no sign up and registration fee, just fast payments and direct conversions from main fiat currencies like the US dollar, Euro, and the UK pound. The gateway easily integrates with Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, and many other e-commerce platforms.
- B2BinPay. It is a secure one-stop-shop solution that includes an exchange platform and e-commerce instruments. The main advantage of this platform is a round-the-clock support available in six languages, so users troubleshoot any issues within a blink of an eye.
- TripleA. This simple payment gateway includes a notification system that sends emails about a transaction being made. The API is easy to set up and the transaction fee is 0.8% without any additional expenses for registration and other things.
- SpicePay. The payment gateway that concentrates on security of transactions, especially conversions into fiat money that are available at the platform. Also, the platform enables funds withdrawals to PayPal and SEPA wire transfers.
- Fliqpay. This is a solution that can be helpful to e-commerce businesses that intend to go global and accept crypto payments from anywhere. Initially oriented towards African markets, Fliqpay is a promising crypto payment gateway that can satisfy the needs of any company that is looking to accept payments in cryptocurrency.
Make a fiction story come true together with JatApp
The imaginative story about a crypto payment wallet integration with your business ends here, but the real one can begin. Whatever digital business you are going to start, you can always count on JatApp, which has been helping various companies with software development since 2015.
We can assemble a team of professionals who will deliver a product that fully meets your business requirements. We’ve completed more than 200 projects, and 99% of our customers left positive feedback about our work, so be sure we can keep up with our promises.
Want to know more about how we work? Just contact us, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.